Focus and Scope
Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi Journal is created as a means of communication and dissemination for researchers to publish research articles or conceptual articles. The Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi Journal accepts articles related to the topic in Computer Science and Computer Engineering, such as Information System, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Process Mining, Natural Language Processing, Image and Signal Processing, Human-Computer Interaction, Robotic, Computer Network, etc.
Peer Review Process
Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi is published by Departement of Informatics Engineering University of August 17, 1945 Surabaya. The research article submitted to this online journal will be double blind peer-reviewed (both reviewer and author remain anonymous to each other) at least 2 (two) reviewers. The accepted research articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process. Language used in this journal is Indonesia or English.
For checking Plagiarism, Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi Editor will screen plagiarism manually (offline and online database) on the Title, Abstract, and Body Text of the manuscript, and by using several plagiarism detection software (Turnitin). If it is found a plagiarism indication, editorial board will reject manuscript immediately.
- Editor recieving manuscript from author;
- Editor evaluate manuscript (journal aim and scope, in house style, supplementary data); (Rejected if not meet criteria)
- Editor screening for plagiarism on offline and online database manually; (Rejected if found major plagiarism, contacted author if found redunancy or minor plagiarism for clarification)
- Editor send manuscript to reviewer along with review form (double blind review, Both reviewer and author remain anonymous to each other);
- Reviewer send back his review form to Editor (with revised manuscript if necessary);
- Editor decision (rejected, require major revision, need minor revision, or accepted);
- Confirmation to the Author.
- If revision, author revised manuscripts and should be returned to the editor without delay. Returned later than three months will be considered as new submissions.
Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi published by Departement of Informatics Engineering University of August 17, 1945 Surabaya are scheduled for publication two times a year In January and July.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Writing citations references must refer to the Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition (note with bibliography) style. We require the author to use the Mendeley application in writing citations and references
Konvervensi will be considered to retract in the publication if:
- They have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- The findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper cross-referencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- It constitutes plagiarism
- It reports unethical research
The mechanism of retraction follows the Retraction Guidelines of COPE Retraction Guidelines
Withdrawing submitted or published manuscripts is not recommended. If the writer intends to retract the manuscript, the following rules must be followed:
- Manuscripts may only be withdrawn for acceptable reasons. Must not withdraw the manuscript because it has been published in another journal.
- The author must make a letter requesting withdrawal of the manuscript to the chief editor, along with the reasons for withdrawal. Requests for withdrawal of the manuscript must know all the authors, evidenced by the signature.
- If the manuscript being withdrawn is in the process of being reviewed, then the writer must pay 500.000 (IDR)
- If the text has been withdrawn, the writer must pay 1.000.000 (IDR)
- If the review process of the manuscript is more than 6 months, the writer can withdraw the manuscript without having to pay a fine.
The author can download template of manuscript withdrawal
Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi, has a policy of not publishing manuscripts containing plagiarism. As a preventative measure, we will do a plagiarism check for every manuscript sent to the editor. Only a manuscript that has a 20% similarity level will be processed. If there are manuscripts that have been published and proven plagiarism, then sanctions will be reprimanded until the withdrawal of the manuscript.
Publication Ethics Statement
Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi is a peer-reviewed national journal. This statement clarifies ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher (Program Studi Teknik Informatika Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
Ethical Guideline for Journal Publication
The publication of an article in a peer-reviewed Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi is an essential building block in the development of a coherent and respected network of knowledge. It is a direct reflection of the quality of the work of the authors and the institutions that support them. Peer-reviewed articles support and embody the scientific method. It is therefore important to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing: the author, the journal editor, the peer reviewer, the publisher, and the society.
Program Studi Teknik Informatika Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya as the publisher of Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, the Program Studi Teknik Informatika Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary.
The editor of the Konvergensi Teknologi Informasi & Komunikasi is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The validation of the work in question and its importance to researchers and readers must always drive such decisions. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor's own research without the express written consent of the author.
Duties of Reviewers
Contribution to Editorial Decisions
Peer review assists the editor in making editorial decisions and through the editorial communications with the author may also assist the author in improving the paper.
Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editor and excuse himself from the review process.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
Disclosure and Conflict of Interest
Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage. Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Duties of Authors
Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance. Underlying data should be represented accurately in the paper. A paper should contain sufficient detail and references to permit others to replicate the work. Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
Data Access and Retention
Authors are asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data (consistent with the ALPSP-STM Statement on Data and Databases), if practicable, and should in any event be prepared to retain such data for a reasonable time after publication.
Originality and Plagiarism
The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
Multiple, Redundant or Concurrent Publication
An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
Acknowledgment of Sources
Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors. The corresponding author should ensure that all appropriate co-authors and no inappropriate co-authors are included on the paper and that all co-authors have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication.
Hazards and Human or Animal Subjects
If the work involves chemicals, humans, animals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use, the author must clearly identify these in the manuscript.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
All authors should disclose in their manuscript any financial or another substantive conflict of interest that might be construed to influence the results or interpretation of their manuscript. All sources of financial support for the project should be disclosed.
Fundamental errors in published works
When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
Sources of Support
Konvergensi's daily operational is mainly supported by the Faculty of Technique, Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya. Our office and equipment are provided by the department at level 3 of the department's building.
Konvergensi also constantly supported by Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya's management, especially Direktorat Sistem Informasi Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 Surabaya in maintaining our IT needs being an online journal.
Below are the history of Konvergensi's changes into a better journal:
- The journal started its publication in 2005 as a printed version under the title of Konvergensi.
- Then in the July 2019 edition there were changes to the cover and other technical matters such as layout, shipping method and article specifications. The dominant cover is red with white color on the front and there are different bar codes in each edition.
- On May 29, 2007, obtained the ISSN from the Indonesian Institute of Sciences for print media, 1858-0688
- On February 04, 2020, obtained the ISSN from the Indonesian Institute of Sciences for online media 2721-0936 .
- Konvergensi used semi-online business process (email based communication) up to its 2017's volume.
- Konvergensi changed into a fully online business process since Vol 15, No 1 (2019): January 2019 - Juni 2019 and a new online review form was introduced.
- The new article template was introduced and used since January 2019.
- Konvergensi changed its logo in 11th May 2018
- Peer reviewers amended for Vol 15, No 1 (2019): January 2019 - Juni 2019.
- July 1st, 2019. We changed our email address' domain. Previous email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The new domain for the email address is email@example.com.
- From Vol 15, No 1 (2019): January 2019 - Juni 2019, the issue of each edition will contain seven article titles.