PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Anaphora : Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies is published Universitas 17 Agustus 1945 (UNTAG) Surabaya, Fakultas Ilmu Budaya, English Department. The manuscript submitted to this journal will be double-blind peer-reviewed (both the reviewer and the author will be kept anonymous), with 2 or 3 reviewers + 1 Editor, and and will take a couple of weeks for the manuscript to get back to the author. The authors must follow the manuscript template, by clicking “here”. The authors will be notified of the status of their manuscripts (accepted without revisions/accepted pending changes/to be revised and resubmitted/rejected) after the completion of the internal and/or external review process. The accepted research articles will be made available online following the journal peer-reviewing process.
To check Plagiarism, Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies Editor will screen the manuscript and will make use of text-matching software or plagiarism checker to check the abstract and the body text of the manuscript. If it is found a plagiarism indication, the editorial board will reject the manuscript immediately.
More specifically, our editorial process is as follows:
- Initial screening. All submissions are initially screened by the Editor-in-Chief for their conformity to Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies’ scope and basic submission requirements, and checked for plagiarism. Manuscripts that fail to abide by our ethical standards are immediately rejected, as are manuscripts that do not fit within the journal's scope. It takes within 3-7 days process.
- Reviewer assignment. Manuscripts that pass the initial screening are then handed over to a section editor, who will select at least two relevant reviewers and initiate the peer review process. It takes within 1-3 days process after the initial screering process.
- Peer review. During this stage, reviewers will access the content of the manuscript and provide their recommendation to the Editor. It takes within 2-8 weeks process, depending on the review process.
- First decision. Once both (or more) reviewers have submitted their recommendations, the manuscript is either rejected, asked for revisions (minor or major), or accepted as is. If it is accepted, the manuscript is returned to the submitting author for proofreading. The final decision to accept the manuscript is made by the Managing Editor or Editors based on the recommendation of the editor and following approval by the editorial board. It takes within 2 days after the reviewing process.
- Revision. A manuscript that requires revisions is returned to the submitting author, who will have up to four weeks to revise the manuscript. Once the revision is submitted, it is once again assessed by the section editor or Editor to determine whether the changes are adequate and appropriate, as well as whether the author(s) sufficiently responded to the reviewers' comments and suggestions. If the revisions are deemed to be inadequate, this step is repeated (the manuscript is returned to the submitting author once more for further revision). It takes within 7 days process or depending on the revision process.
- Final decision. Finally, the revised manuscript is either accepted or rejected, depending on whether the section editor has found the manuscript to have been improved to a level worthy of publication. If the author(s) are unable to make the required changes or have done so to a degree below Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies’ standards, the manuscript is rejected. It takes within 1-3 days process.
- Language editing. Once the manuscript is accepted, it is returned to the submitting author for the final editing of its language and content; these are changes that improve the readability of the article without changing the substance of the content. Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies requires authors to return the manuscript with proof that changes have been made, which the editorial board will review before ultimately greenlighting the manuscript for publication. It takes within 2-7 days process.
- Typesetting. Once greenlit, the manuscript is handed over to the journal's typesetter. The final version of the article, as it will appear in Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies, is returned to the submitting author for proofreading and final approval. It takes within 1-3 days process.
- Publication. Congratulations! The published article will appear in the latest issue of Anaphora: Journal of Language, Literary and Cultural Studies. It takes within 1-3 day process.